What is DOS BOX?
MASM using DOS BOX in WINDOWS 8
- First you have to Download DOS BOX.
- Now Install DOS BOX.
- Open Dos Box, now you will get the dos box window on your screen.
- You have to mount the drive and that program folder to run. Type MOUNT C C:\MASM or any other program name file name. MOUNT C C:\YourOwn, after that it will show you the message, Drive C is mounted as local directory C:\MASM\
- Now you can change the drive Z into C drive.
- Your MASM folder is mounted so you have check which directory you have to open. type DIR and See the list.
- Now type CD BIN, now it will show you bin directory.
- That much, you are done.
Write masm programming code in NOTEPAD.
TITLE" TO PRINT HELLO WORLD"
MSG DB"HELLO WORLD$"
MOV DX, OFFSET MSG
After that run DOS BOX,C:\BIN> You have to compile the program.
Type MASM Yourfilename.asm
Type Link Yourfilename.obj
ENTER, Enter, ENTER, Enter
Type the Yourfilename.exe