Meta Robot Tags
Meta tags are specific web-URL or meta-tags which tell Web-Spiders or Google-Bots whether they should index a page or not.
Types of Meta Robot Tags?
- This meta tag tells the web-spiders to index the whole of page and it's content including image and media files too.
- Noindex meta tags prevents any page or site from getting indexed by the robots
- Nofollow means any link from the site will not be displayed in search results.
- This value of meta tag is just opposite of what all meta tag value is. In simple terms you must understand that robots will neither index nor follow the pages set with None meta tag value.
- Noarchive means cached copy of your site will not be shown by search engine.
- It is same as noarchive but it is used with MSN/Live
- Search results from DMOZ directory will not be shown as a search results by the search engines.
- It blocks all the images in your page and prevents them from getting indexed.
- Search engine doesn't show snippets for this page in search results and prevent the page from being cached.
- Blocks the robots from yahoo to prevent it from using the description of your page in it's yahoo!directory