Windows Defender is the malware protection software that replaces Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 8. Windows defender is one of the best malware protection software for windows. You will get updates from windows for windows defender.
Windows Defender was initially an anti-spyware program; it is included with Windows Vista and Windows 7 and is available as a free download for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. In Windows 8, however, it is upgraded to an antivirus program.
Make Defender Live to Fight
How to Update Windows Defender
How to Scan Your Computer & Drives
- In Quick it will scan your system files and remove viruses if detects.
- In Full scan it will scan your whole computer and remove viruses if detects
- In Custom scan you can choose your external drives and pen drives and other devices to scan or you can scan your particular drives.
How to Check the History
- In quarantined all the not allowed files exits.
- In allowed all the allowed files exist.
- In detected all the detected marware exist.
Window Defender Setting
- Go for Excluded files and locations>>browse>>choose location>>save change>>that's it.
- Go for Excluded files type>>enter the extension>>add>>that's it
- If you want to remove select extension>>click on remove.
- You can exclude the process >> browse >>choose>>and ok>>that's it.
- If you want to remove select and click remove.