Temporary files are most helpful because Temp file can help to recover your information or lot data.
When you try to create new file. i.e if you are creating new Microsoft document on your computer then computer will generate temporary file to store some information of your Microsoft word file.
The extension of temporary files is .tmp & all the temp files are stored in Temp folder or Temp Folder. By opening these folders you can delete your temp files.
Steps to Clean Temp Files
Use Disk Clean Up
- Go for system drive C:\\ and Right click and click on Properties.
- Click on Disk Cleanup, It will take few seconds to scan the all the dump errors of windows.
- Then after it will show you the list of unnecessary files stored locations select all and click on Ok. After clicking on Ok button you need to click on Delete Files button to delete all unnecessary files from windows.
Locate Temp or Temp Folder Directory
- Simply press Windows Key + R = Run or Go to start and click on Run. Now type %temp% with mode sign and press Enter or click on Ok. After next moment it will show you the window on your screen with lots of temporary files. Select all the files and press Shift+Delete.
- Locate Temp Folder is highly secured directory of windows it keeps the record of all the recently opened applications or information. It will also help you to recover your some files if you forgot to save. Here also press Windows Key + R = Run . Now type temp folder and press Enter or Click on Ok. It will ask you for the permission and click on Continue. After that select all the files and Delete.