simply- breaking the path between one place to another place[e.g: bridge], as we can say with technological words dead links, unavailable links, improper links are known as broken links.
How broken links take place on sites or blogs.
i.e if you are writing post and that post is related with another post... you are linking one post to another. You are linking your previous posts in new posts keyword.
Now, if you delete that previous post from your blog or website. That will become broken link for newer post. To solve this you have to take out that link from that post.
If we talk about advantage... there are no more advantages of broken links on our website or blog.
Disadvantages of Broken Links:
- Readers can't read your important posts.
- You will lose your important readers.
- If you lose readers you will lose traffic.
- Readers can get frustrated.
- They will not come for long.
- Bounce rate will increase day by day.
[Note: If you don't want to lose readers and your traffic you have to resolve that problem ( resolve (remove) your broken links).