- First of all you need to download the TileCreator app from the Windows App Store. You can download TileCreator free from Windows Store. You can download it from here.
- After installing the app you need to download the small .exe file called Tle Creator Proxy. You can download that .exe file from here easily.
- The third thing to do is you have to run that .exe file using the administrator rights. You can do this by right-clicking on the Tile Creator Proxy.exe and choose "Run as Administrator" option.
- Next thing to do is you need to open up the drive where Windows 10 is installed. Choose the folder named Tile Creator after you enter inside the drive.
- Now open-up the ApprovedApps file which resides inside the Tile Creator folder. The respected file will be the notepad file.
- Now after opening the the file with the notepad you just specify the name and the full path of the program that you want to pin to the Start menu. Then save the file. You are all set to go.
- You can then launch the TileCreator App. You can proceed then by selecting a picture, tile and text color.
- After then you have to put the name in Approved Apps Key option that you have already put it in ApprovedApps in the step 6.
- You need to click the Pin option to see the tile in the the Start.
Harish Chand 10:52:00 PM
How to create custom Start Menu tiles using TileCreator
If you you are trying to use the TileCreator on Windows 10 then you must follow some of the steps to achieve better use of TileCreator. Follow the following instructions:
(Note: TileCreator is only for Windows 10 but if you want to try for 8.1 you can use OblyTile.)